Today blogging is not just a way to express yourselves, but to earn a living as well. Bloggers don’t get success overnight, they have to work hard and smart for it. Many people think that they will start blogging today and earn immediately but that doesn’t happen. It is a gradual process.
Today, I am going to share a few blogging tips, which will help any blogger to reach out to more people and in-turn earn a living out of blogging.
- Start With An Idea: Many people make the mistake of starting a blog without any planning involved in it and that is considered as a huge mistake. First and foremost, decide what topic you would like to blog on and whether you have enough knowledge to write in that particular field. There are many topics that one can blog on, such as Technology, Traveling, Movies, Law, Politics, Fashion etc. Also think about how you are going to monetize your blog in the future. There are many things you can do to monetize your blog such as applying for Google Adsense or other Affiliate Programs.
- Develop Your Skills: To write a blog, a language is required to communicate with your audience. It may be any language, like Marathi, Hindi etc. But, if you want to reach a global audience then the most common connecting language is English. Some people have a good command over English, some don’t. But there is no need to worry, you can always improve on your skills. Having said that, this is a much needed skill for blogging, as the audience should understand what you are saying, this will help you retain your audience. You will also require a few technical skills such as how to create a blog, how to host a blog, how to edit code in a blog.
- Build An Email List: It is very important to have subscribers to your blog. More the subscribers, more the traffic and in-turn more the income from your blogs. There is a relationship between the number of subscribers and blog income, so don’t take it lightly. Start building an email list as soon as you start blogging or even before you start blogging. Messages your friends about your blog, ask them to subscribe and also market your blog, so that their friends can subscribe too. You can also use various platforms available now-a-days such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram to promote your blog and get more audience.
- Write Unique And Detailed Posts: Remember one thing before you start writing, your posts have to be unique and detailed. If what you are writing is already written a thousand times before, then people would loose interest in your articles. To overcome this problem, do a bit of research, find out the latest topics that are being discussed and make a list of all such topics. This will help you tremendously to write your articles. Also whatever post you write, write it in detail. For example, if you are writing about a java or python tutorial, include screenshots and code along with an explanation on how the code works, so that the audience can understand it. If your article is incomplete or not written properly, the audience won’t come back to your blog. One more important thing to remember is that the content should be original. Don’t copy and paste content from other blogs. This will not only make you loose your audience but it might also land your in serious legal trouble.
- Write A Lot Of Posts: The more you write, the more you will be visible on the internet, that is the golden rule of blogging. If you keep on writing unique and detailed post on a regular basis, you will get you more audience and that will eventually help in the ranking of your blog. Again, higher the ranking, more the audience. Remember, these two things go hand in hand. One gets the boost from the other. So write regularly.
- Focus on SEO: SEO is Search Engine Optimization. In simpler terms, it is a methodology of strategies, techniques and tactics used to increase the amount of visitors to your website. I would suggest that your start SEO as soon as you start blogging. It can help you in indexing your posts and pages. If you have a wordpress blog, there are many plugins available to do this job. One of the most famous plugins is Yoast SEO. Search Engine Optimization plays a very important role in the growth of your website/blog so don’t take it lightly.
- Promote Your Blog: One of the most important things you can do is promote your blog online. For promoting your blog you can invite other people to write articles on your blog or you can write posts on other people’s blog. You can also promote your blog on websites like Quora which is essentially a question and answer forum. There are other ways to promote your blog via social networking websites such as Facebook and Twitter which we have discussed above. You can also ask your audience to promote your blog to their friends.
Following just one step won’t work. To become a successful blogger and to earn from your blog you have to follow all the steps mentioned above simultaneously. If I have missed out on any step, please do let me know in the comments section.