An internal link is any link from one page on your website to another page on your website. When it comes to On-Page SEO, internal linking of the website becomes an important factor.
A search engine crawls the links on your website, to discover content and to rank this content in the search results. If a post or page gets a lot of links, this is a signal for the search engine, that it is an important or high-value post or page.
In today’s article we are going to deal with the following topics,
What Is Internal Linking Of Website?
As the name suggests, internal linking of the website is nothing but, linking the pages and posts of your website with each other.
There are two types of internal links,
- Incoming Internal Links: The link coming to a post from another post is known as incoming internal link.
- Outgoing Internal Links: From the post, a link going to another post is known as outgoing internal link.
For example, consider the below posts, from my website Convey Arena
I have linked the two posts internally. Since the posts are related to each other and are similar in nature, I have shared the URL of the post, How To Install WordPress On Windows 10 Using Wamp on another post, How To Install WampServer On Windows 10 and vice versa. By sharing the URL’s of the posts with each other, the posts will get internally linked raising its value in the search results.
The search engines uses internal links to the posts on your website. Your audience who view your website can also use internal links to navigate from one post to another related post.
Why Is Internal Linking Required?
As mentioned above, When it comes to on-page SEO, internal linking of the website helps a lot. Search engines use internal links to navigate your site from one post or page to another post or page. If there are no internal links on your website, search engines may miss out of many important posts and pages, making it difficult to index your website properly, in-turn reducing the number of audience and revenue of your website. So, one should take internal linking of the website seriously.
Also See, How To Optimize Images For Your Website Or Blog How To Speed Up Your WordPress Website Your IP Address Has Changed (CPanel Error) How To Check The Speed Of Your Website
Plugins For Internal Linking
There are many plugins available which can help you to link your website internally, without much of a fuss. Some of them are mentioned below,
We will have a look at each and every plugin in details,
If you want to automatically link your website content, WP SEO Auto Linker will help in getting this done easily. Simply, create a new keyword or a new phrase, and the system will link that keyword or phrase to your chosen DoFollow URL. Through the settings, it is easy to fine tune the workings of this plugin. For performance, it is best to make use of a caching engine. Using this plugin didn’t just help define cornerstone content in the SEO strategy, but also increased page views by around 18%.
Link Whisper Free quickly gives you internal link suggestions that can both help your audience to find content on your site and search engines to crawl and rank your website better due to the improved link structure. Link Whisper Free, helps you take what was once a time consuming activity and turns it into an opportunity for you to have a better optimized website as it starts suggesting relevant internal links when you start writing your article.
Yet Another Related Posts Plugin (YARPP) displays pages, posts, and custom post types related to the current entry, informing the audience of other relevant content on your website.
YARPP Basic for Standard Features
- Thumbnail or list view of related content.
- Related posts, pages, and custom post types.
- The YARPP templating system gives you advanced control of how your results are displayed.
- Using a customizable algorithm considering post titles, content, tags, categories, and custom taxonomies, YARPP finds related content from across your site.
- Display related posts in RSS feeds with custom display options.
Internal Link Juicer is the state of the art solution for building internal links within post content. It works by using an intelligent per-post configuration of your desired keywords. Overall, it improves your On-Page SEO and the audience experience, by pointing out the right content for the given context.
Some features for the free version include
- Maximum diversification: With the intelligent placeholder feature, anchor texts can be diversified and the amount of possible links boosted with little effort. This also ensures a natural linking behavior.
- Automation: You don’t have to link your pages manually every time you create a new post. Once your keywords are configured, links will get built automatically.
- Full control over linking pages: Individual posts that shouldn’t contain generated links can be added to the blacklist. Post types, which should be used for linking, can be whitelisted. These options give you full control over the plugin.
- Customize your link output: With the possibility of our predefined template tags, link output can be completely individualized. This lets you customize generated links for your individual context.
- Configurable linking behavior: Link counts per page, as well as links per target URL and linking behavior for targeted keywords, can be flexibly configured using the options. You’ll have full control for every use case.
- Stay in the loop: Despite our “set and forget” approach and the automation that goes with it, you’ll never lose track of what’s going on within your dashboard.
- Perfect workflow: The plugins keyword panel in the post editor guarantees an efficient and stress-free workflow.
- Best possible performance: With the high-performance index structure, you’re guaranteed a fast rendering of your pages on the front end. You don’t have to worry about delays in building internal links.
Internal Links Manager helps you to internally link your website by simply providing a keyword and an URL. Whenever the keyword appears on your site, it sets links automatically to the given URL.
For example, I have written a blog post on Best Websites For Royalty Free Images.
Now I want the URL “https://www.conveyarena.com/best-websites-for-royalty-free-images/” to be automatically linked, whenever the keyword “free images” appears on my website. To do this simply navigate to “Add link” within the menu and provide the requested parameters (mainly keyword + URL).
Using plugins make your life easier and saves you a lot of time. I hope you liked the article. If you have any queries, please do mention it in the comments section.