Amazon as we know, is one of the biggest online stores there is. You virtually get all the products out there. It may be electronic products like Mobiles, Computers or Ebooks, you get it all. It also has its own payment service in Amazon Pay. Not only is it an awesome place to buy things online, but its also an opportunity for bloggers and website owners to earn money through affiliate marketing.
Amazon has its own affiliate marketing program. So lets dig in to know more about affiliate marketing.
What Is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is an art of earning money (commission), by promoting other people’s or company’s products.
- Find a product you would like to promote.
- Promote it to the audience on your website.
- Earn commission for each sale that you make.
Remember one thing, to promote other people’s or company’s products, you first need to have a blog or a website of your own, where you can promote those products. Such an example is Convey Arena, my technology blog, where I can promote the product I want from Amazon.
It doesn’t matter which niche website you have, you can promote any products you like. However, I would suggest that, promote a product which is relevant to your website. For example, if you are running a technology blog, then promote things like Mobiles, Computers etc. If you are running a fashion blog, promote things like Men’s Wear, Women’s Wear, Fashion Deals etc. So on so forth.
Remember, you don’t have to be an amazon customer first. You can Sign Up, create a new Amazon Affiliate Account, and start promoting their products.
Also See, How To Create A PayPal Account For Bloggers (2020) Best Google Adsense Alternatives For Bloggers (2020) How To Create A Site Map For Your Website How To Check The Speed Of Your Website Categories And Tags In WordPress How To Use Google Analytics In WordPress
Sign Up For Amazon Affiliate Program
Before you sign up for Amazon Associate Program, you need to know that, amazon runs it affiliate program from all over the world. You can choose the program, from where you are. Lets say that you are in India, so you can join Amazon Associate Program from India, and so on.
- After opening the Amazon Associate Program website, scroll down, and click the Sign Up button.
- Fill in your details such as Name, Email Id, Password on the Sign Up Form.
- Fill in all your relevant account information
- On the next page, fill in your blog or website name and click on Add. Then Click on Next.
- Again on the next page, fill in all the relevant information and click on Finish.
- Once your account is created, you will get a congrats message and a confirmation email, in the inbox of your email id. Go to your email account and click on the confirm link. Also, fill in your tax information, to receive payments correctly.
- After you have successfully create and confirmed your amazon affiliate account, go to Product Linking => Product Links. Search for your product.
- Click on the Get Link button of any product your want to promote.
- Get the code from the link page, put in on your website and start promoting.
Its very easy to be an amazon affiliate partner and at the same time rewarding too. All you need is a niche based audience.